Sunday, January 15, 2012

Recycle Paper Bags



As usual, I will have to refer back to my mother for much of my knowledge of saving and recycling.  She didn't know she was recycling or probably never heard of it, but she was the best.  When you have  opportunity to get paper bags versus plastic you can find uses for them.  One of the most prominant one in my mind is when frying, instead of using so many paper towels to drain, use a paper bag folded the size you need and as with the fried chicken in the picture, I had cut one into.  I then used 1/2 sheet paper towel on top to be a little more sanitary.  My mother never had paper towels while I was growing up and we are all doing fine.  
Not only will you be recycling and keeping so much plastic from the landfill, you will save money on paper towels.  As with everything else, we need to find new ways to recyle and be frugal.

2 comments:

  1. I had done this before years ago (probably because I saw mama do it LOL) but got out of the habit ... wonder why? I'm guilty of becoming wasteful when I could have been frugal. Thanks for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes extra time and effort, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete